Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Milkmaid and her pail

Once there lived a milkmaid in a village named, krishnapur. The milkmaid used to live with her father and mother. She used to feed them by selling the milk for the day. It is the only livelihood for her family. Her parents are too old to go and sell the milk in the market. So, she used to milk the cows and sell the milk in the market and earn money. The milkmaid has a habit of dreaming during daytime. 

One fine morning, she went to the meadows to milk the cow. After an hour she kept the pail of milk that got from the cow on her head balancing and started walking towards her home. On the way, she started visualizing that I will prepare butter and cream out of this milk and sell it in the market and make money. With the obtained money I will buy few eggs. I will hatch these eggs. And the eggs after hatching gets converted into chickens and I will start poultry form with the formed chickens. I will sell the meat of the chicken for making more money. With the obtained money I will buy a gorgeous frock from the designer and I will wear it and go to the exhibition there every boy looks at me and praises my beauty at that time  I will turn them away just by tossing my head. She does the same way as in dream when she tossed her head with a jolt the pail on her head felled down and all the milk that is in the pail had drained down on the ground. Seeing this milkmaid expressed her grief. All her dreams got vanished at once.


Don’t count your chicken before they hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment